|As the past several weeks have shown us, life is unpredictable. You may have had life changes since you created your estate plan, especially if your plan was done several years ago. Let us help get your documents updated now so your estate plan will work for you the way it is intended.|
|Top 5 Reasons to Update Your Estate Plan:|
1. Gain peace of mind. In this time of uncertainty, when so many things feel out of control, having a plan for your future and family’s future is something you do have control over.
2. Protect your assets. There is no doubt your assets are not the same as when you set up your estate plan. Whether they have grown or gone the other way, assess where things are. You may want to allocate them differently. Most importantly, you want to make sure your assets are owned by or titled in the right entity or your Trust.
3. Families tend to grow. You may have gained family members since creating your estate plan. You may want to include any additional children or grandchildren to your plan, and perhaps also arrange for savings or college funds.
4. Relationships evolve and people change. Take a look at who you have appointed to serve as the executor of your estate and successor trustee of your Trust. Is this person still a right fit? Is he/she still of sound mind to handle things the way you would like? Don’t wait to make a change, if necessary.
5. Tax law changes happen. You can blink and the tax laws are suddenly different. Leave it to us to know the latest tax laws and be able to navigate them on your behalf to the benefit of your estate.
|Now is the perfect time to contact our estate planning attorneys to review and possibly update your documents and take advantage of our additional services. From the comfort of your own home, we can go over all of your questions and concerns, review your existing estate planning documents and determine if changes need to be made.|